THE TALLEST OFFICE TOWER SOUTH OF MANHATTAN.
MIAMI’S TALLEST CONVENTION HOTEL.
3-STORY INDOOR MALL.
4.2 MILLION TOTAL SQUARE FEET
A number of cities around the world can be identified by a unique structure, a global landmark such as the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Empire State Building in New York, and of course you know that you are in San Francisco when you see the Golden Gate Bridge. As Miami matures into a global city, it, too, needs a global landmark. In the very epicenter of Downtown Miami is One Bayfront Plaza, a 55-year-old structure. Continuing with good income, the old horse is still pulling the wagon. In its stead, however, will be the new One Bayfront Plaza. This premier location, 100 South Biscayne Boulevard, is situated at the south end of the widest section of Miami’s main thoroughfare, across from Bayfront Park, with direct, unrestricted views of Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.
This global landmark will be the major, mixed-use development of contemporary modern design, encompassing a total of approximately four million square feet, principally-comprised of 1.4 million square feet of premier, class AAA office space, together with an 841-room luxury convention hotel. Additionally, within the pedestal base that will comprise two full city blocks, the edifice will include over 150,000 square feet of retail space and a parking garage with more than 2,000 spaces. The tower will rise 80 stories and reach a height of 1,010 feet, with 360-degree, panoramic views truly beyond compare.
With one eye on the roots of our community and the other on the exciting future and evolution of our great city, Florida East Coast Realty has recognized and embraced Miami’s place on the world stage. Our endeavor is to create a true global landmark, the signature building worthy of our city that it has been lacking for too long, far and above anything ever conceived in South Florida.
PROMINENT FEATURES OF ONE BAYFRONT PLAZA
One Bayfront Plaza is to become a quintessential, Global Landmark. The development will be the largest commercial structure ever developed in the State of Florida, increasing the profile of the city, positively impacting the local economy, and harnessing and leveraging the dynamic global marketplace. The development will not only enhance the vibrant Downtown business district, but it will also revitalize the area as it evolves into a 24-hour live, work, and play community, generating around-the-clock pedestrian activity and fortifying the urban Miami lifestyle. This project will serve as an economic development platform for the City of Miami, a gateway to the world, and a singular real estate opportunity.
This is the ideal location for what will become Miami’s greatest and most prestigious building, as the Miami Downtown Development Authority’s (DDA) current development map pinpoints this property at the center of Miami’s downtown commercial core. This site, already enjoying significant foot traffic at the heart of Miami’s urbanism, is surrounded by government/office buildings, public transportation, international financial institutions and legal services, multi-national companies, restaurants and retail locations, and business hotels.
The site, which encompasses two full bayfront city blocks containing approximately 100,000 square feet of net lot area, is bounded by Biscayne Boulevard, SE 1st and SE 2nd Streets, and SE 3rd Avenue. It is directly on top of the main Metromover station and is one block from I-95 entrance and exit ramps.
This trophy building, which has received MUSP approval from the City of Miami, will serve as an economic catalyst for the City of Miami, as its proposed scope, features, and positioning are ideal for attracting new national and international business and investment activity, specifically from Latin America and the Caribbean. The commanding tower rising above the pedestal will have large, open, flexible floor plates (with no columns) of approximately 35,000 square feet each, which is ideal for full-floor users who need to customize their space. Further, each floor will offer breathtaking, direct bay views, and all aspects of the building’s design, construction, operations, and maintenance will be state-of-the-art.
The 841-key, world-class, full-service hotel will be supplemented by 150,000 square feet of exhibition and banqueting space to serve significant conventions and meetings, as well as the needs of the office and retail components. The hotel will increase existing hotel room inventory in Miami’s CBD by more than 20%.
The project will also provide two full levels of premium retail mall space in addition to the ground level retail areas, for a total of over 150,000 square feet of retail space. This is a key element of the development, as the DDA projects a need for an additional 400,000 square feet of retail space to service the existing office and residential segments of the Downtown area. Further, this projection does not even consider the over 15,000 condominium apartments (within 33 developments) presently under construction and/or recently completed as part of the dramatic transformation and change, in its current urban renaissance, being undertaken by Miami’s CBD. One Bayfront Plaza’s retail component will provide 38% of that need, with the project’s retail mall creating a parallel destination for the 15 million annual visitors to Bayside Marketplace, as well as for the more than four million annual cruise ship passengers.
One Bayfront Plaza is also being designed to receive the highest possible rating of Gold for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) from the US Green Building Council (USGBC). By employing certain green building practices, the developer plans to substantially reduce or eliminate negative environmental impacts, as well as to reduce operating costs, enhance building marketability, increase worker productivity, reduce potential liability resulting from indoor air quality problems, and ensure its sustainability for the 21st century.Office
- In order to take full advantage of the iconic, panoramic views, the 1.4 million square feet of premium office space will be situated in the upper floors of the building (40 floors in total).
- The office space will feature floor plates with an average of 35,000 square feet (with no columns), which will be larger and provide more flexibility for tenants than those of any other office property in Downtown Miami. Full floors will be available and customizable for use by single tenants.
- A secondary office lobby entry is located at the north end of drop off drive.
- Showcasing the breathtaking, direct bay views, an observation deck will be located on the 80th floor of the 1,010-foot high tower.
- The 841-room, world-class, full-service hotel will comprise a total of 732,000 square feet on over 30 floors.
- The hotel will be supplemented by 150,000 square feet of exhibition and banqueting space, including the grand ballroom, the main exhibit hall, and commensurate pre-function and meeting room facilities.
- The hotel amenities, lobby, spa, and restaurants will be located on the 25th floor, which will open onto the pool deck and features breathtaking views.
- The first level with hotel rooms will be approximately 77 feet above grade (equivalent to a seven- or eight-story building).
- The hotel will have its own independent entrance on SE 2nd Street with easy access from the covered drop off driveway.
- One Bayfront Plaza will boast a total of 150,000 square feet of premium retail mall space on three levels, including pedestrian-friendly, ground level retail areas with significant street frontage, high visibility, and curb appeal.
- A variety of tenants will cater to a diverse consumer base consisting of CBD professionals, hotel guests, tourists and visitors, and local residents.
- The retail floors will feature 23-foot ceiling heights and minimal vertical penetrations.
- Although accessible from all sides, a separate entrance for the retail mall will be located on SE 3rd Avenue, with a drop off lane for valet service and its own internal vertical circulation.